Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wanna run a race with a man who can't lose? Train hard eat right lace up your shoes.

I've gotten some guff for my shoes entry.

Exciting! It's good to know that people are reading, and it's also good to help dispel some of these misconceptions of what people think I'm into. It's nice.

I just got back from the gym tonight, and raised my record on deadlifts by 30 pounds last night. We're going to talk about girls and weight lifting.

http://www.stumptuous.com/

look through this, please. If you're one of them girls that won't lift weights because you'll get 'big and bulky', you are 1) ignorant and 2) too stupid to be considered as a long term (read - more than three months) option.

This, of course, excludes anyone with a legitimate excuse to not lift weights. like you have no arms and are in a wheelchair. Not the 'squats hurt your knees', not the 'deadlifts will ruin your back', not the 'bench will get rid of your boobs', not the 'i lift five pound weights to tone', not the 'weights will make me into a man' crews. You're stupid. all of you. Just like the religious fundamentalists and their "barack HUSSEIN obama is the negro jew devil" crap, you're not going to be able to convince me that the above is wrong, because at least for my bigotry there is no significant body of evidence otherwise.

That said, we'll move from the vitriol and on to the vitriSWOLE.

I'm a believer in the idea that different people are into different stuff because of what the brain tells someone is useful for evolution and satisfactory propagation of your genes. It's why I'm not into cute but stupid girls - if the kid ends up wth my looks and her brains we're going to have to put the child in a straight jacket to keep it from trying to eat the dog's poop. But i digress.

I've told many if not all of the girls who have asked me to help them exercise and quit two days later that there is much more to being feminine than being weak and worthless and able to run away for days at a time. In addition to being both aesthetically and viscerally pleasing, it's good to know that if half a shit goes wrong, your lovely lady won't be calling on you to move a brick that fell in her way. It may be why I'm into older girls, in that they don't act like younger girls. Again I digress.

The fact of the matter is that fat is like curtains in your windows, and muscles are like the furnishings in your house. It's all fine and good to spend a lot of time opening the curtains but if you have no furniture, you're going to look like a model house that someone (ie me) will tour and then find a better one with a nice sofa and a big TV. Yes, in a way, i just called your ass a dishwasher.

To put it into more relatable terms, I will definitely listen to a girl who looks like she can lift her own weight talk about her cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment